Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's not difficult to decide what I'm thankful for today.  Christ is risen!

It's impossible for me to fathom giving my child as a sacrifice for the people of this world.  It's beyond my comprehension.  Our Lord watched His son suffer and die.  Jesus died for us.  What an amazing gift that we, as Christians, are aware of and thankful for every day!
We went with Ray's parents to St. Ann's Catholic church in Canyon this morning.  Reece didn't cooperate so Ray was in and out with him the entire service.  Regan was cranky.  And honestly, I was missing my family and the church I grew up in.  However, I was in a beautiful place of worship.  The music was so pretty and it was wonderful to see the church packed with families for the Easter holiday.  We survived with the little ones and we were home early.  Everyone took a nap before lunch!  We had lunch at Ray's parents house.  The kids are now hunting eggs with their older brothers and sister with the other side of their family.  It's quiet around here.  I sat on the back porch and read.  I needed some time with God.  I was falling into the trap of feeling sorry for myself and what I imagined this Easter to be, that it hadn't become.
God quickly put me in my place.  Thanks God!  I am blessed we had a church to go to this morning.  I am blessed my kids are healthy enough to be disruptive in church.  I am blessed Ray's parents are married and welcome us into their home at any time.  I am thankful my little ones have the big ones to pick them up to go have a BLAST!  I am thankful my God loves me, forgives me, and is always there.
Easter seems to mean more to me each year.  What a beautiful day to celebrate our Christian FAITH!  No matter the "details" of the day.

Ephesians 1:7-10
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.  And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment-to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

1 comment: