Sunday, August 21, 2011

Everyone is pretty excited around our house! We have a big girl that will start Kindergarten tomorrow. Regan's new cute pink dress is hanging on her closet door with the cute pink shoes sitting on the floor below. She asked me to paint her finger and toe nails today so "they would look perfect" for tomorrow. She wanted to read her "favorite" book before going to bed tonight. I am so thankful for her and the excitement she has about school.

My beautiful step-daughter starts her Junior year at Canyon High tomorrow. She also got a job this week! I am so proud of her. I am so thankful for her heart and her spirit.

Our two girls both have big days tomorrow. I pray God blesses them throughout the day. I pray He protects them and guides them every step of the way. I pray He fills them with His love and kindness to show to others.

I am thankful for a perfect summer filled with relaxation, friends, family time, laughter, and love. I am sad to see it go. It was our first summer in our new home. The kids are at an age now that we could do more and I could worry a little less. Ray and I had several date nights and the best anniversary yet. It's been a terribly hot and dry summer. So thankful for our pool time and our air conditioner...

We are saying goodbye to an amazing summer and hello to our jobs that we LOVE! What a blessing for both of us to be so happy with what we do on a daily basis.

And my mind keeps running back to that five year old precious baby sleeping in the next room. Tomorrow is the beginning of a long and exciting journey of learning, relationships, struggles, and lessons learned. I pray God will always be her guide and she will seek Him first in all her decisions. Thank you Lord, for these early years and for all the blessed years in school to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment