Monday, March 7, 2011

My mom

The kids, my grandma, and I went to my mom's in Roswell on Friday.  They don't have internet so I was away from the computer for a few days.  I was overwhelmed by what I was thankful for all weekend...

My mom is my hero.  I thank God for her daily.  I want to be her.  Her heart is golden and her faith is inspiring.  The love she has for her family is obvious in every moment of her day and in every decision that she makes.  Her strength through my childhood still amazes me, daily.  She is my best friend and my biggest supporter.  Mom is extremely talented in many ways.  She always has a smile on her face and a positive thing to say.

We NEVER argue.  We did enough of that through the horrible teenage years and that was completely my fault.  She has always trusted me to make my own decisions, knowing I would be blessed by them and/or I would learn a good lesson.  I respect that about her so much.  She was also so good at "letting go" when it was time.  But there was never a doubt she was always there. 

I clearly remember the moment the nurse handed Regan to me the night she was born.  For the first time, I looked at that precious miracle from God and the love of my mom consumed me.  Everything she had done for me and said to me over the years came flooding back.  The love I felt for this child was just a glimpse into what my mom felt for me.  Wow. 

I can call her anytime of the day or night and she's always there.  She gives me her opinion or advice, without any judgement.  She covers her family and loved ones in prayer daily, with so much commitment.  I admire and respect more about her than I can possibly express.  She is the best mom, Nana, wife, sister, daughter, mother-in-law, and step-mom we could ask for.

I am so thankful for the time I had with her this weekend.  I am so thankful my little ones got to spend so much quality time with their Nana.  I am thankful for the time she had with her mom this weekend.  I am thankful I will see her again soon and that she is such a HUGE part of my life, no matter the distance.  The sacrifices, the gestures of love, the prayers...  I can never thank her enough.  I pray my children will see me as I see her.

Proverbs 31:29 and 31
Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. 
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome words about your mom Kate! She did a wonderful job as a mom, I must say, because you are amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete